Being UnYucky means creating joyful shared mealtimes with children at home and in early learning centres
It’s a way of thinking – because how we eat with children matters more than what we eat.
It’s a way of being – which creates confident eaters and takes the fight out of every bite.
Read more on the UnYucky Blog
How does it work?
We shift the eating focus away from tricking or arguing with children. You get the tools you need to do two separate jobs:
first, get good food to the table even when you’re tired and stressed,
second, once the plates are on the table you stop worrying about anyone’s meal but your own. Your job from that moment on is to be a good dinner companion.
We don’t ignore nutrition
But we don’t let the scary media messages about food fads ruin your time with your kids. Here’s what we’ve learned over years of experience and research: feed children’s minds and you’ll find that feeding their bodies looks after itself.
Read more about it here
You will learn to
- make conversation the focus of shared meals with children of any age (even teenagers)
- embrace your most meaningful role – hint: it’s not being the Veggie Enforcer
- be someone that children enjoy eating with, and watch those children turn into awesome mealtime companions, too
- use easy-to-follow habit builders to create a happy eating environment
- worry less about what the children eat, without sacrificing healthy habits