Oh, Chicken drumsticks; how many ways do we cook thee? TWENTY WAYS! That’s what!
I am in SUCH a drumstick rut. I am here taking some serious notes from this post right here with furrowed brow and the mind focus of a peregrine falcon.
“Mummy, why are you so serious?” asks my daughter.
“Not now!” I hiss, outraged at the interruption “Chicken drumsticks…sssssh”
My poor children.
Needless to say I have drumsticks, skulking, nonchalant, in my fridge awaiting their usual dressing of soy sauce, honey, garlic and oil – I can hear them from here whispering about me to each other: “Oh God, she is SUCH a bore”.
Anyway, THE chicken drumstick list of the century is right here. You’ll never EVER need to endure the rude insults from drumsticks ever again after this little collection. Oh-ho NO.
- Shake in a bag of home made sourdough crumbs and oven bake.
- Sprinkle with Za’tar seasoning and bake until sticky.
- Marinate in lemon, paprika, garlic and rosemary. Dust in rice flour, spritz with a little EVOO and oven bake until crispy.
- Honey and Dijon ones.
- Marinate in olive oil, crushed garlic, cumin, coriander, cardamom, chilli with a small pinch of cinnamon.
- Bake in lemon juice, oil, basil, chives, garlic and honey.
- Crumb drumsticks with parmesan, breadcrumbs, thyme, cayenne, pepper and turmeric.
- Sticky Drummies – crushed garlic, sweet chilli sauce, BBQ sauce & Kecap Manis
- BBQ sauce, garlic, brown sugar, honey and a little olive oil.
- Tossed in lemon juice, oil, mustard & sage, with potato, onion, lemon quarters, and sausages, then thrown in a baking pan and roasted.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and roast for crunchy crispy drumsticks
- Toss in tamari and salt then baked.
- Lemon zest, thyme, garlic and olive oil.
- ‘Deep fried’ oven baked chicken: dip in melted butter, then coat with seasoned flour (white pepper, garlic powder, paprika) and baked in oven.
- Roast the drumsticks then drizzle with satay sauce
- Roast in Tandoori paste and greek yoghurt.
- Throw drumsticks in a plastic bag with flour, dried herbs and garlic salt: shake it all about, remove from bag, shake off excess flour and roast
- Marinate in sweet chilli, soy, peanut & sesame oil, ginger & garlic then bake
- Brown the chicken in butter, add onions and whole garlic, salt and pepper, pour over a cup of white wine and watch it simmer, pour another glass and cover the pan and put it on low heat. Come back half an hour later and reduce the liquid and you should have nice caramelised onions with melt in your mouth garlic to pour over your drummies.
- Bake chicken drumsticks in the juice of 2 lemons, 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons seeded mustard, 1/4 cup water, a few good sprigs of oregano, salt and pepper – bake covered for 20, uncover for the last 10 minutes to crisp/brown up.