By Michelle Shearer
This is a wonderful roast chicken recipe to sit as the centrepiece to a family meal. It is comforting, delicious and you can adapt the recipe and throw in any other vegetables into the roasting pan during cooking time. An excellent meal also if you have leftovers for school packed lunches the next day.
Juice of two lemons
1 large tablespoon of dijon mustard
3 teaspoons of mixed herbs
1/2 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 cup water
1 kg potatoes, cut into flat halves
Salt and pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Give your chicken a little rinse then pat it dry. Pop it in the roasting tray along with your potatoes scattered about.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients above up to and including the garlic and pour over the chicken and potatoes. Using your hands, rub the marinade into everything and make sure everything is covered with it. Gently, around the outside and making sure not to wash off any of the marinade, pour the water around the potatoes.
- Season everything well with salt and pepper.
- Pop in the oven for about an hour and a half or until the juices run clear.