Our Chicken Fingers recipe here is a delicious family meal particularly if you’re wanting to give the breadcrumbs a wide berth. We have used almond meal instead of breadcrumbs along with some beautiful herbs and spices for real flavour. Because we use almond meal instead of breadcrumbs, you will find this meal really satisfies and will keep you going for ages. Fab energy food!
For a family dinner, simply serve the chicken fingers with some lightly steamed vegetables or some hot sweet potato chips. Use leftover chicken pieces as super handy (and hearty) snacks for the next couple of days (though, trust us, they won’t last). If they do happen to last, they will keep in the fridge perfectly well for about 3 days. This recipe is particularly awesome for school lunch boxes.
Add some variety by adding in different herbs, spices and even cheeses (if you’re not paleo).
Turn this recipe into Paleo Chicken Nuggets
Chicken Fingers Ingredients
- 1kg chicken breasts
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 tbspns paprika
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tspn sea salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 190 deg C
- Slice chicken breasts into thick strips (the size you like chicken fingers to be)
- In one bowl, mix together the almond meal, spices and seasoning.
- In another bowl break the eggs.
- Now, dredge each piece of chicken in the egg first and then coat with the almond spice mixture – make sure each piece is evenly coated.
- Heat a frying pan, medium hot, with about half a centimetre of the oil of your choice.
- When the oil is hot, lay each chicken finger in the oil and cook for a couple of minutes on each side until they are golden brown, crispy and white on the inside.