A beautiful way to get a head start on snack time! Simply whip up a batch of our favourite basic cookie recipe. Add chocolate chips, dried fruit, nuts, lemon zest, whatever you like, roll into balls and freeze until you’re ready to bake. Want more cookie recipes? Go here.
120 grams butter
200 grams sugar
180 grams flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Cream together the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat thoroughly to combine.
- Fold in the flour, baking soda and salt. After this is mixed in, you can add other ingredients like chocolate chips, dried fruit, nuts etc. Add no more than 200g of any extras.
- Roll into tablespoon sized balls and line on a tray to be frozen. Once frozen, place in zip lock bags of lidded freezer-safe containers to await baking.
- When ready to bake, preheat your oven to 170 degrees celcius. Place cookie balls on a lined tray and allow to defrost for about 15 minutes. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden on the edges. Allow to cool before serving.