This is a crazy simple recipe that can be knocked together from pantry ingredients and a few things from the fridge. Quick to throw together and then just let it heat up in the oven. If you don’t have tasty cheese, feel free to replace it with some grated mozzarella and some Parmesan, or whatever cheese you like. Add and subtract your family’s favourite greens or whatever veg you happen to have in the fridge.
1 425g tin of tuna in oil
1 can of chopped tomatoes
3/4 cup of sour cream or natural or Greek yogurt
1 cup of grated tasty cheese
2 large handfuls of green beans
1 head of broccoli
500g pack of pasta
- Drain the oil from the tuna. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celcius.
- Heat a large pot of water and cook the pasta as per the pack instructions, but cook it slightly less as the pasta cooks further as it bakes in the oven.
- Top and tail the green beans and cut the broccoli in bite size pieces. When the pasta is nearly cooked, put the beans and broccoli in with the pasta in the pot and allow them to cook.
- In a large ceramic casserole dish, combine the tinned tomatoes, sour cream and tuna. Stir together and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta and vegetables and stir through the sauce.
- Top everything with the grated cheese. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until the interior is hot and the cheese is melted and golden.