Because you need crackers to go with wine……..
120 grams butter
1 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 long sprigs of rosemary, leaves stripped and finely chopped
1 cup of plain flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until lightened but not fluffy. You could do this in a stand mixer.
- Add the grated cheese, herbs and salt and pepper. Beat to combine.
- Add the flour and beat together until large chunks of crumbly dough form. If too dry, add a touch of milk or water.
- Press the dough into 2 log shapes and wrap tightly with cling film. You can keep it in the fridge for a week or freeze the logs for a few months.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celcius and line a baking sheet with paper or a silicon mat. Slice the unwrapped dough log into pieces about 3/4 cm thick and lay at least a couple of centimetres apart on the tray. Bake for 20 minutes until just brown. They need to cool before serving because they are very fragile.