These are a lovely healthy snack to have handy in the freezer. Simply pull out when you need them – afternoon tea for you, starving kids etc.
- 4 cups frozen cherries
- 2 cups medjool dates
- 4 cups macadamias, unsalted and blitzed into crumbs
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 cups desiccated coconut
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 4 tablespoons dried goji berries
- 1 very large slice tray that still fits in your freezer or 2 medium/large sized ones
- Baking paper
- Add all the ingredients except the coconut oil and goji berries into a food processor, blitz well until it is well combined. Add in the coconut oil, it should be runny, if it isn’t warm in the microwave or in a saucepan.
- Combine again. Add the goji berries – do not blitz.
- Test a small amount by grabbing a spoonful in your hand and squeezing it together. If it needs a little more moisture, add a little more coconut oil.
- Line your tray/s with baking paper. Press the mixture down into each tray firmly. Place in the freezer for 2-4 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and slice into slices, approximately 4cm by 4cm.
- Place the cut slices into zip lock bags, label and return to the freezer until needed or serve.
*Note: this is also a great recipe in Christmas time using fresh cherries when in season.
**Note: you can use normal dates if medjool aren’t available. Just soak them in a bowl of water for 20 minutes before using so they ‘plump up.’