You will need one whole tub of marinated feta with sundried tomatoes in oil. Find these in the deli area of the supermarket.
I recommend making in batched of 2 or 4 for best results ingredients wise.
These are really pretty and Christmassy looking.
- 4 x 350-gram jar of marinated feta in oil.
- 8 cups self-raising flour
- 4 free range eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup pepita seeds (save a small amount for tops of muffins)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped, (save a small amount for tops of muffins)
- ½ cup chopped semi dried tomatoes
- ¼ of a cup soft feta for tops of muffins
- Pre heat oven to 180’c
- Grease and line with cases x 12-hole muffin cases
- Depending on if you are making in a single or double batch at a time, whisk egg and milk together.
- Add in the entire jar of marinated feta and oil. Remove any stalks of herbs and optionally whole black pepper corns, (can be left in).
- Add in grated cheese, spring onion, parsley and seeds.
- Combine well.
- Gently fold the flour in.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared cases.
- Bake in the oven for approx. 25-35 minutes or until muffins are cooked through.
- Allow to cool on wire racks.
- Top each muffin with some crumbled feta, semi dried tomato and a few pepita seeds for a festive, delicious touch.
- If making ahead store feta topping in a separate container until serving.